Pasties are actually quite easy to make! You don't need to pre-cook the filling; it all goes in raw. You can of course put whatever you like in but leek and cheese is one of our favourite combo. This recipe will make four medium pasties.
Leek and Potato Pasties
- Chop up the leek and potato.
- Grate over some cheese and mix together in a bowl.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Mix together the flour, butter and water until the dough comes together, but don't mix too much!
- Split into four balls.
- Roll each dough ball flat into a circle and load up three heaped tablespoons of filling into each.
- Bring the opposite sides of the circle together over the top of the pasty and crimp to hold together (you might want to YouTube that bit). Egg wash on top if that's your style.
Bake for 50 minutes at 180C.
- Medium sized leek
- Small potato
- Cheddar Cheese
- 300g Plain flour
- 120g Salted butter
- 75g Water
Other great combos include carrot and swede, beetroot and fennel, and pea and potato.